Friday, September 08, 2006

It's friday night and i'm home being boring whilst Pete's out at a poker night with workmates. I feel kind of lame, like i _should_ be out, but it's cold and wet out and I don't much like poker. So it's soppy movies for me tonight.

On the fabric printing front, I exchanged a couple of emails with a screen printer who'd be interested in printing my patterns - yay! So I'll go down to his studio some time soon to discuss prices. I've been there once before, it's very cool. A massive messy/arty/painty warehouse space on Easey st in Collingwood which is shared by a range of different artists. Such a contrast to my little office.

Took the quite-night opportunity to finish off one of my pattern ideas. I'm glad it turned out alright. The colour choice was accidental but looks quite retro so I kept it like that.



Thanks for reading and have a great weekend :)

4 comments:

meredith said...

Hello, I randomly found your website through flickr, you were a friend of someone i just added as a contact.. I think that we have a lot in common. I am also a graphic designer, I work for a small ad agency in MS. I used to work for Southern Living and hated the largness of it, and also the lack of variety in work... I thrive on visuals! (or something like that) I went to your blog, and saw that I absolutely love your stuff. but not only that, but I see similarities in interests. I think i'm going to add you as a friend on flickr so i can show you what i've been working on. I would LOVE to get into pattern design.. it's been my a list of things to do. I think we have similar taste in color as well! So, I think you're awesome, and if this creeps you out or anything, that's fine and you can ignore me, but i'd love to watch your work progress, and so I'll probably visit your blog throughout my work day.

meredith said...

p.s I forgot to mention things! My blog is not as well kept as yours, I'm trying to work on that. but working for an agency I can' t really publicly share work. which is depressing yes. Also, my blog user name is "oxpecker" because I love giraffes.. and oxpeckers are the birds you always see on their backs, who actually i think eat bugs off of their backs. :)

leslie said...

wow, i love, love, LOVE the new pattern! great colours, too.

Marissa said...

Beautiful pattern! The colors are perfect