Thursday, August 28, 2008

A little shop update


Mmmm organic cotton/hemp texture....

Things have slowed down a bit when it comes to my little shop. I'm holding back on printing any new designs or doing any large runs until Ink & Spindle is all set up.

Getting the new business ready has been a lot of fun, but has also had it's really full on and stressful moments - all those anxieties that come with starting something new in a field that I'm not completely familiar with. I'm learning a lot about myself in the process too - like realizing I have a tendency to stress about small things, especially in situations where I don't know how precise something needs to be. Screen printing isn't rocket science, but I know it's important for us to get our setup right in the beginning, to prevent problems down the track.

Anyway, amidst all of that I've managed to update my shop with a small amount of new fabrics. And I know I've said it before, but this really is the last time I'll be printing Riverstones & Dots fabric... unless I decide to reimage them onto a screen again sometime down the track.


The new fabrics in the shop


Bulokku in Lime


Riverstones in Robins Egg

8 comments:

Bianca said...

Hee nice colours...did you manage to get your biiiiig bolt of fabric down there?

Me knows about the stress...but don't worry, we'll calm ya down ;)

yay yay ink & spindle will be just perfect...we will make sure of that, won't we ;)

Anonymous said...

I like your fabrics! They are very pretty! It's a great pity that your shop is not in my country (Switzerland)...

Jasmine Mirra said...

Ifound your blog not so long ago and I can't stop looking at your fabric. You really are a genius of patterns abd colors!
Very beautiful and sensible!
I like it a lot!

Anonymous said...

Oh your fabrics are just beautiful! Just the other day I was sketching Ginkgo leaves thinking... man this would make a great pattern for a fabric... you read my mind!! :)

Claire Louise Milne said...

Beautiful patterns and beautiful colours!

Dizzy said...

Love your fabrics. I'm into lime amd turq at the moment! Fab combination.

Kristen Doran said...

Beautiful as always! Can't wait to do some printing with you guys!! Have you done up price lists yet?
Kristen

Julie said...

Beautiful prints and lovely colours - I love the blue.