Thursday, December 27, 2012

Big happy news

I haven't really talked much about relationshippy stuff on this here blog of late. I guess that part of my life hasn't historically delivered the best of times and I got a bit tired of documenting those ups and downs and sounding like a broken record.

But 7 months ago I met a particularly special someone. Someone I instantly connected with, became best friends with, have not had a single doubt about and love with all my heart. It hasn't always been easy, we've both had some pretty difficult personal/health woes to deal with, but as a couple we've been solid through it all. I definitely have that feeling of 'oh, THIS is how it should feel'.

Well it seems the feeling is mutual, because at 3:42am on the 25th December (our 7 month anniversary), the man I love walked around to my side of the bed, grabbed both my hands, knelt down in front of me and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes!


Lara & Dave, getting hitched! (and wearing my Nana's old ring)

As they say, 'when you know, you know'.

Now for the hard part - bidding adieu to my new fiancĂ© (not sure if I'll get used to that word), jumping on  a plane and heading off to Nepal for a few weeks. Talk about a contrast of worlds. Wish me luck!

xx Lara.

30 comments:

Jacinta said...

Wow! so excited for you Lara! Congratulations and best wishes AND good luck in Nepal xo

Trish said...

Oh you little cuties! Congratulations. Being engaged is so fun - enjoy!

Kate Moore said...

Awwww. Congratultions. Wonderful news. And, hey, those weeks in Nepal will just mean you have so much to share with someone special. (And there's nothing better than a romantic reunion at an airport.)

ale prendes said...

i love your faces in this picture!!! . . complete happiness . . i feel so happy for you!!! :)

Joanna said...

That photo is just priceless, congrats...

Andrea said...

Delurking to say congratulations! You both look very happy. And good luck in Nepal.

Kel said...

Congratulations to you both! Best wishes for your trip to Nepal too.

belinda marshall said...

ooh, congratulations! very exciting :)

Tina in Boston said...

He looks like an absolute sweetheart! Congrats and the best of luck to you both! Enjoy every moment in Nepal!

Jesse said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Brierley + Clover said...

Congratulations - what a perfect Christmas present!

Unknown said...

Big happy congratulations Lara!
Enjoy Nepal, as hard as it might be for you to pull yourself away right now...

Polly Rowan said...

WOW! Congratulations! And there's always Skype :) xx

leslie said...

All the best of luck, Lovely Lara and the hugest of congratulations!! xx

KWu said...

Congratulations!!! I'm really thrilled for you--as you said, when it's right, there's that solid feeling even though it always all sunshine and roses either.

Amber said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations to you both! Love makes the world go 'round. :D

Christina Lowry said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news! All the best. :)

Renae said...

I have tears of happiness for you! What a fantastic news. Congratulations xxx

claire said...

Thank you for sharing your most wonderful news - you made me smile and I really needed to smile today :) Happy travels - I hope you find more than you are seeking.

Tania / Petit Pixel said...

Congratulations...super happy for you guys! And you will love Nepal...my sister still talks about that trip as one of her travel moments...i wish that for you too...and a lovely greeting waiting at the airport for you on your return from your fiance :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lara! I'm so happy for you!

All the best!!

Nuya :)

Janette said...

Woop woop! Big congratulations! Being married totally rocks :) Have an awesome time in Napal.
Happy happy New Year
X

Janette said...

Woop woop! Huge congratulations! Being married totally rocks!
Enjoy Nepal- and happy new year
X

Jenny said...

Marvellous news! Hearty congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and wish you a happy new year.
Hope you enjoy a lot in Nepal.
Just enjoy 2013

Isis said...

yay!! congrats
and have a fab time in nepal. looking forward to hearing all about it

Kristine said...

Congrats Lara. You look really cute together.

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Lovely news :) congratulations from a-m, adam & oscar xx

Spin Spin said...

Think I said this already but congratulations :) So sweet. Hope Nepal's great...it sure looks it.

Billy said...

Congratulations, Lara! All the best for the two of you.