Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The same old scenario the same old rain

handmade soaps
Wrapping handmade soaps

It's the same old story blah blah blah. Down at the Ink & Spindle studio we're working our proverbial bottom's off preparing for the next big event - the Melbourne Design Market this Sunday.

Although I must admit, the rain is novel. It's been freezing, and we are so so so grateful for the big gas heater we have in our workroom. Trips down the icy corridor to the loo are hellish though.

It is quite satisfying seeing things come together. Like these little bundles of handmade soap wrapped in fabric (and hemp twine - booyah!)

handmade soaps
Handmade soaps all wrapped up and ready for Market

Aaand, aand, I'm squealing with excitement about this one, my new Rooftops design which we'll be launching on the day!

new rooftops fabric
New Rooftops fabric - in red on Organic cotton/hemp and white on natural cotton/linen

And, a little bit of modeling for Teegs who's making gorgeous 100% wool felt scarves for the market:

wool felt scarf
One of Teegs' 100% wool felt scarves (and I need to cut that fringe)

Okay laptop battery is almost dead. I left the charger at work intentionally so I'm only permitted so much computer time. Now I'm going to go read my book!

xx

11 comments:

meredith cheng - munaluna said...

What a great idea to wrap soaps with textiles! I'm very excited about your new house design - looks promising! Can't wait to see what you do with it =) oh, and you will survive the cold! hang in there!

aiman said...

wow!....they look so cute wrapped in cloth......that's neat!....i absolutely love your blog!.....it is sooo inspiring i must say!

Kristin L said...

OK, this is terribly impatient of me. I would love to buy some of your rooftops fabric, but I'm not in Australia. Is it possible to pre-order, or is there enough to make it to the online shop even after the show? Do you reprint if it sells out and there are still interested parties?

Penny said...

Ooh that blue ginkgo fabric is gorgeous! Save me some plum ginkgo, okay?

Anonymous said...

They look absolutely wonderful! Love the blog! Have a great weekend!

Julia

Paula said...

I really love the red rooftops. Gorgeous. P x x x

Mookah Studio said...

Love your new rooftops fabric...keep up the good work! Will have to think of a project for it.....

mizu designs said...

Gorgeous rooftop design Lara! Could not motivate myself to deal with the Design Market crowds today but hope I&S did well.

And thanks for posting the info about the potters in Gippsland. Hope to take a look one day soon.

Anonymous said...

hey I saw this while shopping for wall stickers on ebay.. looks pretty close to one of ur prints ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Wall-Decals-Stickers-Birch-Trees-in-the-Wood-DESIGN207_W0QQitemZ230348690994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Home_Decor?hash=item35a1da1632&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Natty said...

You havre greta works, i love the textiles...

Much love form Portugal,
Natty

Y. Metin Yıldırım said...

saat forex zayıflama hapları gizli kamera