Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Small & Round and happy

Yay for impulse purchases off the internets. I just bought these two prints off one of my fav artists - Jeremiah Ketner of Small & Round:


They're available in his shop for $30 US each. Limited edition of 30 screen prints. Sooo cute.


I feel like I'm totally cheating here by posting more pics of my prints that i've already talked about, but I haven't got anything else to post about this week and I think they look cute all framed up. I put together these two pairs of prints for a friend. One set is for her, and another for her best friend who she met up in a treehouse.



Also, here is one of the first 'real' drawings you get to do in the Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain book. You get to cheat a bit by first placing a sheet of perspex on your hand, tracing the shape of your hand directly onto the perspex, and then copying that onto paper. You then add the finer details and some shading.



I was really happy with the result, and I love the way the book's exercises seem so easy and yet leave you feeling pleasantly surprised by your achievements. That's a little retro button i'm holding :)

3 comments:

Jesse said...

Thanks for the link to Jeremiah Ketner! I've never seen his work before, and I'm loving it.

Anonymous said...

hmmm. i think i need to look into this Drawing on the Right Side theory. i really struggle with illustration and i feel like my lack of talent/skills holds me back a lot and prevents me from being a 'real' designer. i'd love to 'free' myself up and draw without all the hangups!

also congrats on your new prints purchase, they're very cute :)

Anonymous said...

I love LOVE love Jeremiah Ketner! His illustrations are beautiful and his site is one of a kind! It's been a while since I've looked him up, and your post reminded me of his beautiful work again, so thank you:)
If I had those prints up my wall I'd never turn off the lights ~heehee!