Friday, December 15, 2006

It's been awhile between posts! I feel somehow weird writing here if I don't have any pictures to show. But it's not like nothing has been happening. There's been some ups and downs, mainly me getting all excited about potential opportunities to do stuff with my patterns, and then getting all let down and feeling flat when those people suck at returning emails and following through.

So it was with very good timing that I received a particular email from the Naked & Angry team. Remember all those months ago that I was getting people to vote for my patterns in a comp? It was that long ago that i'd basically given up hope and forgotten about it. But you can imagine my excitement when I saw the email subject line "Selected By Naked & Angry!!!".They've chosen my Endless Trees design for their next product series - patterned handbags :) I'm over the moon about it. And the pay aint half bad either :)



(A print of the pattern they chose).

I don't know if I've empasised this enough, but starting up this blog and receiving all the lovely, supportive comments from the crafty people out there has really improved my life a lot. It's improved my confidence in my work tenfold, and has really helped to ease the loneliness of working alone. So a big, big thankyou. It's funny how something so 'virtual' can have such a strong real world impact.

Speaking of, I caught up with the very talented Kristen Doran of Cheeky Beaks this week when she was down in Melb from Sydney. that's the first time I've met another 'blogger' in the real world. We moseyed around Brunswick Street and Gertrude Street, and I picked up this crazy little box of 'latch needles' for $2 from a shop called Industria. What the hell is a latch needle, and why does it come in such a gorgeous little box?






Hmm?

17 comments:

Casey Maura said...

Congrats about the pattern! I really love the one chosen too. :) That latch needle box is so pretty... I have to say that lately I've been *coughcough* buying things for the pretty packaging as much as the contents! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on your pattern being chosen--that's so fantastic...and what excellent taste they have at Naked & Angry. I hope it is the start of many more patterns to come. Can't wait to see those bags:)

tessa said...

I think your patterns are just beautiful! I wonder, if you have any extra, could I buy some off you? I'm a fellow Melbournite (I live around the corner from nth melbourne, in flemington - it's such a small world!) and have real trouble finding such nice fabric...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! That's such great news :-) Those bags are going to look awesome. I love your patterns.

Unknown said...

Wowsies, Congratulations, that is SOOOO exciting. Those guys do good stuff! That must be a great Christmas Present for you, when things are not going well and good things like that happen is makes everything seem okay!

Anonymous said...

Big congratulations, those handbags will looks soooo cool with that pattern! Blogging is not all good, but most of the time it is!

hurray for your creativity!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant news Lara! Well done you!!!

DeLunaDesign said...

congratulations! i love all of your patterns. They are gorgeous!

Lara said...

Ha, wow! Thank you all so much for the positive comments!! Very sweet :)

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that you were so surprised. Such a lovely design.

So what the hell is a latch needle?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pattern being selected! That's great news! Blessings from someone who really enjoy your designs.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Lara :) The endless concept is great...perfect for something like a bag. Maybe I should hold off on buying a Nicola Cerini and wait for your pattern to come out!

nicole lecht said...

lara lara lara!!!!! thats sooooo awsome, what an honor! i'm so very happy for you...i'd like to post about your bags as soon as they come out!

nicole lecht said...

lara lara laara!!!!! thats sooooo awsome, what an honor! i'm so very happy for you...i'd like to post about your bags as soon as they come out!

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on getting your print on a handbag. You really deserve the break with your talents and it's so true that the virtual community can be such great support and encouragement, especially in the sometimes lonely crafting process. Hope you have a fantastic year ahead!

Anonymous said...

onya buddy! hee!
i always thought your patterns would rock on a bag.

thus begins world domination!

Marissa said...

I'm so excited that you were selected! I was starting to wonder if they were ever going to announce a new product line. Congrats!