Saturday, August 05, 2006

Presents

Poor petey is still sick with a nasty virus thing so we're having a quiet weekend. we watched Memoirs of a Geisha last night which was so beautiful. Fantastic cinematography. Very inspring and reminded me of how much I love all things Japanese. I really should travel there some day.

Spent some time making some presents for the girls (using some shiny black beads that Maz spotted amongst the mayhem at the bead shop - thanks Maz!), and found a way to make use of some Gocco test-printed paper :)






(gosh I love Pete's camera - it makes everything look so much better)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look just beautiful, and the paper also.

I wandered towards Eckersleys this morning for my chance to heck out the gocco, but it was shut. Its sunday what did I expect.

Lara said...

Oh really! That's surprising, you'd think they'd be open on a Sunday being basically in the city. Better luck next time - they're worth a look :)

Jason said...

Living in Japan I can say that yes it's great and the fashions are MAD! I really love Tokyo it just has everything you need!

However it is a concrete jungle and a lot of the old Japan has gone (well more than a lot, most of it). Parts of Kyoto are just amazing and the countryside is very beautiful. People trust each other here too. I could go on and on.

There are also downsides, but every culture has that.

Anonymous said...

wow - these are great!!
pretty home-made packaging - what a nice touch.

Lara said...

Awwh thanks Tali :D

Anonymous said...

love your work!! you are a pattern making queen :D

Unknown said...

I saw Geisha on the weekend. I read the book about 3 months ago. Makes me want to go to Japan. My Mum and Dad are going soon, but my great friend Miwako just shifted back after being in Australia for a number of years. Sad, but an excuse to go there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so impressed with your presentation!! I just happened across your blog...So creative!

Lara said...

Awwh, thanks Mary!