I hate to think how many times I've been tagged recently and haven't gone through with it. I've always meant to, but it's taken a long time to think of 8 things that are vaguely interesting. Plus, I already feel weird/guilty about the fact that this blog is all about me rambling about myself and my work, day in day out... and then writing 8 random things about myself makes me feel like I'm being even more egocentric. But anyway here goes:
- I really really want a cat. I've been researching breeds and have my fingers crossed the landlord will say yes. At the moment I think I want to get a Burmilla (this changes often).
- I used to be really freaked out by the idea of "collaborating" with other creatives. I'm not sure why. Probably insecurity. Although even now I much prefer the idea of collaborating with people in the craft world than the design world.
- I was recently involved in what I deem the-quickest-and-easiest-swap-ever, and I've been meaning to blog about it for ages. I got an email from Jess from papertreasure who wanted one of my lamps (and i was just thinking that day that it needed to go to a new home) and in return I got this:
The 'lara' necklace (coincidentally named), some cute earrings and a handmade book
- When I got back from Japan I realised how much service can really suck over here. It feels like more than half the people who serve you in shops and cafe's (and esp those on the phone!) wear their shitty moods on their sleeves and can be incredibly rude.
- I hate baguettes. Or any sort of bread based lunch item that has tough, chewy bread that cuts your mouth. How is anyone supposed to bite into something like that?
- I realised last week that making an artful picture arrangement on your walls is nowhere near as easy as it looks. But here's the result of my efforts:
Note: It's not that I love myself so much that the birch forest print is in there, it just happened to be the right colour and size. I plan to swap it with something else eventually :)
- Mum and Dad brought these back from the States for me:
Lara bars! Very funny. They're actually quite good. And healthy, I think.
The day after I got back from my trip I felt all inspired, so I set about painting my ikea drawers:
Done and done. I'm not going to tag anyone else in case they find this as hard as I do!