Wednesday, September 19, 2007

quick pics

Ooch a busy work week this one! But thought I'd quickly pop onto the blog and post some piccies:


Tissue box holder made by Pete's lovely mum. She took some progress shots whilst making it so I'll upload them somewhere soon if anyone's interested in a tute?


You know, I really have no idea why tissue boxes are always so ugly. I mean really, it's like they put no thought/effort at all into the design. Does anyone really like white roses, seashells or dolphins? There was once this really lovely design with silhouetted japanese branches all around the sides. Now that was nice. But then it disappeared!! Anyway this is a great solution - thanks Heather!


And of course... the crafty book spine shot. That's what you do when you buy a bunch of crafty/sewing books right? ;) Anyway they're both lovely. Amys' book covers a lot of great basics, but Lotta's takes the cake when it comes to styling and fabric selection. I'm a sucker for that muted Japanesey-craft-book style photography.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it is beautiful! I would love a tute if there is any interest, I've not tried my hand at any online tutes as I think tissue boxes are probably different sizes all over the place, so if this fits the Aussie boxes that's great.

The buttons are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I'd love a tute. I have some great fabric I could use. Seems like I got it from you.....*S*

flanthrower said...

Would love a tutorial! I've seen tutorials for the taller tissue boxes but not the longer ones.

Cara said...

Just wanted to let you know i had gotten some of your fabric and I absolutly love it! Its to nice to cut up and make something with! I dont know what to make with it! Love the blog to I get so many ideas from you! Keep up the good work!

Mymsie said...

Oh I would LOVE a tute - very cute! :)

Anonymous said...

The tissue box holder is beautiful!! I'd really love a tutorial :O)
Have a lovely week
Melx

Anonymous said...

Ha! Was just discussing the ugly tissue box thing the other day...they all suck. This is much prettier :)

Bev and Ollie "O" said...

I love the tissue box, is their a tutorial? I will kep my eyes open for one!
lovely!

dutchcomfort said...

I have both the books. I love the way Amy explains some sewing matters and makes it more understandable for me being not native English speaking and I love the stylish and contemporary design of Lotta and the design of her book. When you complete this with the wonderful book by Denyse Schmidt Quilts and your beautiful fabric, you have everything in stock to make wonderful things!

Anonymous said...

what a tranformation! love the fabric look.

Kelly said...

This is a very creative tissue cover, looking forward to seeing the "in progress" photos!

Anonymous said...

tissue box looks great - would love a tutorial. your fabric seems to suit it very well!

i have both those books too. i got them from Amazon for a right bargain (compared to bookshops here anyway). i'm planning to use both of them to make lots of Christmas presents this year. Lotta's style is gorgeous innit?

Rob Ryan said...

Your prints are so gorgeous.
Rob.

Anonymous said...

I'd love a tissue box tute! It's fantastic (of course, it's in your fabric)!

ldahospud said...

Of course we want a tutorial! I love this solution to the ugly-tissue-box dilemma, because I think that the plastic canvas solution is even uglier!

This is very streamlined-looking and classy. PLEASE post a tute!

Jennifer said...

I would love a tute on that. Tissue boxes are the ugliest things!

MildlyCrafty said...

Count me in for the tutorial too. I've never been interested in making a tissue box holder before, they're mostly as ugly as the tissue boxes themselves, but that one looks great.

patricia zapata said...

what a cute tissue box cover. love it!!kra

LindyLambChopsNZ said...

Hi1 It is your neighbour here New Zealand! Have you done the 'tute' yet on the tissue box cover? Hope I have not missed it. Your cover is very stylish and I would love to have a go. Please advise LindyLambChopsNZ
linda.forsdick@clear.net.nz