Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bobbin Friends!

The Cups and Cuddles exhibition last night was great - you should definitely check it out if you're in the area. Lots of lovely people were there to meet and catch up with, I got to have a nice big long chat with Pip, and got to meet the very talented Catherine Campbell in person, who was really lovely. For some reason I always form a mental impression in my head of what someone will be like before I meet them, and if they're super talented I often assume they'll "know it" and be all "uber cool" and standoffish. And it's fantastic when they're just lovely and down to earth and nice.

This weekend I've had a whole bunch of 'me' time whilst Pete's off at an Olympic weightlifting certification thingy (no he's not all huge and hardcore with no neck - just something he's getting in to). Plenty of time for crafting and preparing some new, non-fabric stuff for my shop (the fabric is still coming though, in about a week - whoo!).



A little while ago I got these 'Bobbin Friends' button badges made and have sewn some little Japanesey fabric pouches for them. They're up on etsy now.





Okay time for a cuppa. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

13 comments:

Corrie said...

oh they are so cute! plus I'm off to look at those spools! i have oodles of tape just hanging around in a bag but that looks fabulous!

Bianca said...

:( I forgot about the exhibition thingy :( We were planning on going to Gippsland but didn't, Marcel wanted to watch the soccer. Ah well, you can tell me all about it ;)

Love the badges and little satchels, great work..might get me some...I looooove badges.

Victoria E said...

Awwwww, bobbins buddies; so very cute :)

Anonymous said...

The buttons and their bags are gorgeous!

And I wish I could have gone to the exhibition opening, it sounds like it was good!

siagrafica said...

these buttons are cute!
they are on my Sinterklaas wishlist...

:-)

Jason said...

They are cute. And thanks for letting me know about the stickers. You know, I was going to buy a badge maker from the USA. (I can buy one in Japan, but it's a toy for kids) But I may give 'the promo shop' a go to test things out. I really need to check out Etsy more, but dial up net puts me off.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Bobbin Friends! Just bought some! :D

Anonymous said...

these are just so darn sweet.
love them.
:)

Penny said...

I just bought a pack, they're hilarious!

Amy Nieto said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Anonymous said...

these are absolutely adorable. beyond adorable.

Anonymous said...

that is really cute but how is that "japanesey"?

imwithsully said...

I am so sad that I missed out on these. Very cool blog!!!!