Wednesday, May 21, 2008

mysterious parcel

I love receiving packages in the mail when I have absolutely no idea what it could be. It doubles the excitement of opening a parcel. It can sometimes lead to disappointment, but this time it was good:



My very own copy of the Cutting Edge Patterns and Textures book! Which features a whole bunch of my patterns - albeit some very old ones that I'm not so fond of.

Also pictured above is the other version of the book (published by Rockport) which I borrowed off a colleague. I have to say, the Page One version looks SO MUCH BETTER. The front cover pattern (by the lucky Elizabeth of Fine Little Day) is much nicer on the Page One edition, and of course I'm biased because it features my Riverstones print on the spine - yay!

Some more snippets:


Victorian Terraces


Raindrops

Yay :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww beautiful, where can I buy the first book?

Tali said...

ooh! so nice to see it in print! :)

Anonymous said...

okay. that is super exciting!

rebecca said...

Oooo, what a beautiful looking book! You must be so pleased to see it there in front of you.

I'm with Natalie, when/where can we see it on sale?

Anonymous said...

I have the not-as-pretty edition. I don't know why they included textures at all, when only like 5% of the work inside was texture-related ... and then to put a dingy goldish-brown monotone texture on the cover? I don't get it.

Is the other edition different inside, or is it just the cover? It looks thicker.

I for one loved all your patterns in the book!

Alexandra said...

Where can I get the Page One version? Amazon (US version) seems to just have the Rockport version.

AMM blog said...

Looks like such a fun book!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That looks awesome - must hunt down a copy :-)

.girl ferment. said...

wow the raindrops pop out of the page. lovely, well done.

xx

Anonymous said...

how wonderful to be in a book with "cutting edge" in the title! Great!!!

I didn't realise YOU did Victorian Terraces!!

Ace! (that's not a very cutting edge thing to say, is it? tee hee!)