Friday, February 08, 2008

there and back again

Getting there was half the fun. A plastic streamer attached itself to the front of our car on the freeway, we missed the turn off to the airport, parked in a 10min loading zone, managed to check in just before closing and ran outside to (successfully) wheedle our way out of a parking fine.

But we did finally get to Launceston. And Cocoon was amazing. It was like stepping into another world, full of the work of many artists I admire at the moment, and alongside it the work of myself and my friends. Very very cool. Here are some pics:


Ginkgo and Birch Mattt bags


A whole stand of pieces by Cloth (who I am slightly obsessed with)


Bags made with Kristen Doran & Auntie Cookie Fabrics, and Auntie Cookie cards


More bags made with mine and Kristen's fabrics


Little cards made from Kristen's Mollybirds fabric and some of my mix packs


Me, Suz (the lovely owner) and Shannon

All in all it was a great, quick little trip. But unfortunately I caught a cold just before we left so I was all sniffles and sore throat whilst there. And probably wont be able to go to the Mix Tape launch tonight at Sticky :( I was really looking forward to that...

10 comments:

Tina said...

That must be an amazing feeling seeing your fabrics out there being used. Congrats on your sucess, your fabrics look great.

Leslie said...

okay. that is super exciting. seeing your fabric. in a great shop.

paperseed said...

Very cool. Lots of really neat items, my wallet would be in real trouble.

arounna said...

lovely looking shop - your fabric looks great on the bags. I also love cloth's prints and products.

Danielle said...

Wow! What an awesome shop! I reckon I could go a little crazy buying stuff there... so much wonderful stuff... Must have been so cool seeing yours and everyone else's products there!

Anyway hope you feel better soon...
D x

ed said...

Nice to see the faces behind the blogs! :)
They contacted me last year about stocking my stuff. I was telling my Mum that night and she rang my bro who happened to be travelling through there on his way around Tas a couple of days later. He went in and had a chat and took some photos (I didn't ask him to!)... Anyway, maybe they thought it was some weird spy mission because they never got back to me!! Whoops. I think maybe I should contact them again...

Kristen Doran said...

Thanks! I've been hanging to see these pics. Lovely. Even better than I imagined.
Sorry to hear about scratchy throat. Hope you are better soon.

Corrie said...

oh my goodness your new little friend is just adorable! and lucky you going to such a lovely store! I live opposite the spirit of tasmania port but think I'd rather take the flying route!

Corrie:)

Ginnie said...

cool thanks for the post about cocoon, i'll be sure to check it out when i'm in launceston next month for a cute weekend away

Y. Metin Yıldırım said...

saat forex zayıflama hapları gizli kamera