Sunday, February 03, 2008

just leave it be

just leave it be

More random drawing. Don't know why - I think I need to give the textile designer in me a rest and experiment with some other things. A break from all the pressure and confusion in my head about where to take my textiles business next...

This illo came about in a weird way. First came her face with the downcast, worried eyes. Worried about what? What could she be looking down at? Ahhh, nasty mushroom thing. Don't touch that, just leave it be. Fill in the gaps with pretty forest scene and cute cottage. Done.

8 comments:

Dudley Redhead said...

Simply beautiful, the textile designer in you translates nicely to forest on paper.

caddy said...

She should be smiling, she's in a magical world and has come across one of those 'special' mushrooms that only fairies inhabit.
a world of innocence!

Anonymous said...

hehe.. you should do illos!

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I love it. I love your style as well. I design wallcovering for a living so I appreciate your commercial artist struggling to go indie !I've just begun the same challenge.

siagrafica said...

cute drawing - I like the trees and the worried look in particular.

P.S. the You Make My Day award is waiting for you over at my blog!

Drewzel said...

As kids we were always told to leave the pretty mushrooms alone as they were poisonous. Wonder if that some sort of metaphor for life?

Keep taking deep breaths, all will work out :)

Kangaroopals said...

love your drawings and those mushrooms are beautiful as it is... I think many goes thru phases to find what is each own style and what to do next. I am still defining mine. What ever you decide will be amazing! One thing you can do is licensing your designs to a company. Don't know if good or bad advice...