Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New shop & fabric mix packs ahoy!

Tomorrow morning is the launch of my new shop! I've done a bunch of testing, tried to break it in every which way, and so far so good! The main thing I was concerned about was two people trying to order the same thing simultaneously, like what used to happen on Etsy. And sure enough, the shop software would actually let two people check out the same single item at the same time! Gawd that was a recipe for disaster, so I've changed the code to fix that.



Anyway it'll be just a small launch tomorrow with a bunch of fabric mix packs. The shop will open at 9:00am and I will do a post here to tell you the URL :)

8 comments:

Fer said...

Oh yum - thank you!! :o)

Victoria E said...

One word: woot :D

Danielle McDonald said...

Good luck. I look forward to checking it out.

Jodie said...

I love how you say "so I changed the code to fix that".
Looking forward to the opening.

Jenny said...

Cool! Good luck with it!

Anonymous said...

yes. me, too. i am excited.
you design fabric. sew cute things. and write code.
i am jealous.

Tharvey said...

How exciting! I'm so happy to hear that you were able to put this together, so that you won't have to keep paying someone else. Can't wait to check it out.

Wendy said...

Lara, congrats on having your very own shop! I can't wait to see it :)