Friday, December 14, 2007

Meant to be



I love these Alex drawers from Ikea. Just like a mini plan chest but on castors (how rad do they look here!!). When I bought them I'd already measured the space and was pretty sure they wouldn't fit. But I really wanted them and Shannon was there with her she'll be roight attitude so I got them anyway.

And lookie lookie just how perfectly we managed to squeeze them into the space:


(I know, my studio is SOO not as sexy as you thought, right?)

It required some of Pete's tetris logic to figure out how to get them behind that bit of doorframe, but we got there in the end.

I'm really not in the mood to work today... but there's a rooftop market on in the city right now so I might run down and check it out!

8 comments:

Hyena In Petticoats said...

No, the studio is not as sexy as I would have thought, but I can't actually see it because I'm blinded by the FOUR ROLLS of luscious, sexy, designer fabric up there on top of your new cabinet!

*sigh*. To be a fabric designer.

I'm gonna pick your brain when I see you.

xxxxx

Danielle said...

oh i remember those drawers! last time i managed to make it to ikea i fell in love with them... i'm sure they'll be very useful and they look so sleek and designerish! and the fabric sitting on top does look pretty awesome too!!

Victoria E said...

Swank! I can't wait to move to Portland and start getting more IKEA stuff. :D

Kris said...

I love those drawers too! I keep waiting to find some in "as-is", but so far I haven't found any :(

Kristen Doran said...

Roof-top market!!! That looks like fun. Wish we had one here... though no one would be able to find their way with all the one way streets. Ha!

Wendy said...

ooo.. those drawers look awesome! I gotta check them out at Ikea now. And look how cute your fabrics look sitting on top :) Those 2 designs look quite nice together I must say.

Kelly said...

wow these are great! -kb

PĂ©itseoga said...

they are cool, didn't see them in Belfast last week! what are you keeping in them?