Friday, December 07, 2007

Definitely Nap Time

Phew. It's the end of a long and exhausting week. Yes I know, I don't have kids that wake me up at 5:30am but I'm still tiiiiired. I've spent the last four days basically being a packaging girl and postal worker, and I'm so pleased to say that all orders are in the mail. My theory is that if I get to the P.O. before they open and am first in line at the door, then I can feel less guilty about using up one of the service counters for a full 20 minutes even if the line goes out the door, as it frequently does.

Anyway, what else has been going on around here? Ooh I got to meet some of the lovely girls at the recently opened Thread Den, and have already given them a bunch of my stuff - yay.



Thread Den is a retail space for vintage and local designer clothing and accessories, a sewing lounge with machines for hourly hire and lessons, and a hub for emerging designers in general. I think they will do well :)



What else? Oh last night was the Christmas Shopping Spectacular at Mikes which was a heap of fun. Lots of new people to meet, and plenty of white wine to keep me chatty (too chatty?) and give me a nice hangover to nurse today. I can't hold my liquor anymore it seems.

And then there's this awesome bag and lovely post by one of my favorite craftisans - Abby Jane of While She Naps, which I'm mightily chuffed about - Thanks Abby!


Tote bag by Abby Jane

And finally - time for a much needed break! I'm off to Sydney with a girly friend for a few days which should be so nice and relaxing. However I reckon the highlight of the trip will be catching up with Kristen who is going to take me to lots of cool places like Cloth. That should be very inspiring.

On that rambling note, I'm off! Thanks to everyone for your really kind words about the new fabric and for helping to empty my shop (mostly) yet again! I am always blown away by the support :)

14 comments:

Wendy said...

The bag looks wonderful Lara! It must be fun seeing your fabric being made into all sorts of beautiful things :) Have a great time in Sydney!

Unknown said...

I wish you a lovely time in Sydney !! I hope you will find tons of things you heart ;-) Pay attention to your credit card ahahahaha !! I'm so impatient to receive your email ;-) Hugs

Fibo said...

The bag looks fantastic, your fabric really makes for a perfect bag pattern. Perhaps if I hired a sewing machine at the thread den I might actually be able to start sewing of some variety..

Victoria E said...

Wowza - just reading all that made me feel tired. ;) Congrats on all the great networking you did this week. Also, that tote that Abby made is so very cool!

Uncle Beefy said...

Wish we had something like Thread Den in the Seattle-area. What a bril idea! The tote is really smashing looking with the red/aqua scheme. Well done, Lara!

Anna said...

The Thread Den sounds awesome... they could franchise it.

Wendy said...

Lara, yes, I'm super thankful for the Kinokuniya near me! It's got mostly books and magazines, and some stationery. But elsewhere in Santa Clara, there's a store called Maido which is owned by the same people as Kinokuniya and ONLY has stationery and all sorts of Japanese awesomeness! Now if only they'll open a Japanese fabric store here :)

Fibo said...

oh wow thanks for the links lara you are quickly becoming my favourite bloggy person! eep my poor credit card..

Anonymous said...

Making that bag was such a pleasure. It was so exciting to finally get a hold of a piece of your fabric!

Lara said...

hey Lara - loving your blog & your bag! Was just blog hopping but had to leave a comment since we both have the same name :-)

Lara

Danielle said...

hope you have a wonderful time in sydney! i reckon you deserve a break :-) (and i'm so jealous you are getting to visit cloth! they are definately high up on my wishlist of places to visit if/when i get to sydney...)have fun!

Christine Clemmensen said...

You have a beautiful blog:)

Anonymous said...

hi i live in sydney australia and im really loving lookin through your blog. so where abouts is your shop? i mean which state is it in?

Lara said...

Hi Soph,

I'm based in Melbourne :) I don't have a physical shop though, just an online one :)