Monday, December 24, 2007

farewell 2007



It's funny when you look back on the year that's passed and it simultaneously feels like time has flown by but that a gazillion things have happened. I just looked back at my blog archives and found
this post from just March this year when I tentatively put my first batch of fabric up for sale and bit my nails hoping it would sell.

It feels like that was years ago, not just 9 months. Again I just want to send out a huuuge thank you to all those who have supported me in this venture throughout the year. All your comments have really helped to boost my confidence and have given me a general feelgoodedness that has permeated the rest of my life :)

It's also been great to meet sooo many lovely people this year. On Saturday Bianca, Marcel and I had a great time catching up with Leah from Hyena in Petticoats who was in Melbourne for a bit - we did some Brunswick Street shopping despite the horrible weather. We also popped by the Rose Street market and bumped into Justine who had made these awesome bags and cushions from my fabric (and some gorgeous Japanese fabric):







I was a bit like a giggling schoolgirl looking at them whilst Bianca snapped these pics :)

Anyway better run. Hope you all have a happy and safe Christmas and I'll see you in the new year!! xoxox

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas and a joyful New Year!

Anonymous said...

happy holidays to you.
i hope your holidays are relaxing.
and totally enjoyable!

Nancy Winningham said...

I've just been looking through your blog for the first time today. I love all of your fabric designs. They are beautiful. What cute things you have on your site. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a very joyful and merry Christmas!! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Victoria E said...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A SWANK NEW YEAR!

Supporting other crafters and small businesses in their endeavors is one of the great things about the online world. I know that you have oodles of great things ahead of you :)

Hyena In Petticoats said...

I had so much fun hanging out with you guys!

It's great to see a post where I understand the thought process behind it, because I was there with you when we were talking about the past year, and visiting the markets and teasing you about being a fabric rock star....

You ARE a rock star, by the way.
Twas lovely to meet you, and here's to a new year where we all go from strength to strength!

Much love,

Leah xxxx

Anna-Lisa said...

Lovely, inspiring post. Happy New Year. xxxx

Amy said...

Hi Lara,

Just dropping by to wish you a happy new year, and hope that it brings you more happiness and adventures! :)
Thanks so much for everything, you are absolutely a dear and an inspiration.

Hugs&kisses!

Kristine said...

Your link back to an old post prompted me to go back to the start of your blog and read your archives. What a great journey. I loved seeing your thoughts and designs progress. Of course they were beautiful from the very start.
Kristine