Monday, October 29, 2007

Stitching Night!

I went to my first stitching night at Mikes last night and it was a heap of fun - definitely lived up to all the hype. And I got to meet some lovely people in person, including Bianca from Hollabee. Here's a couple o pics from the night:


Bianca doing her stitching - very cute.


Requisite cupcake shot and lovely freebies from Pip in the foreground (hedgie pincushion, scissors, pins and embroidery hoop).


Towards the end of the night. What a very cool shop - 'twas the first time I'd seen the Bridge road store.


The fruits o' my labour - bobbin girl still needs a stitchy speech bubble with something witty in it.

p.s. - I gave this blog a facelift the other day - for all those non-visiting subscriber folk out there who can't see it :)

14 comments:

Hyena In Petticoats said...

grrr..... I'm so jealous! I'm dying to go to one of those stitching nights......
If only I still lived in Melbourne.....
*sigh*
xxx

I'm one of those Bloglines visitors I'm afraid.....it makes me a bit sad that I don't come up as myself in the stats, but I read soooooo many blogs that a solution really had to be reached!

Danielle McDonald said...

Wow - this looks like great fun! I have been reading about these nights on a few different blogs and hope I can get the courage up to attend one soon! I love your cute little creations.

Bianca said...

Yay you finished your second one too...bet you did it in the car. Can't wait to finish my second one & post piccies (tonight). Marcel's done with uni now, so I'm going to make him take pics of my stuff ;) or borrow one of his camera's.

Love your cushion covers in the next post.

Jade said...

The stitchy projects are very cute! Especially the bobbin girl.

Anonymous said...

Very impressed with the fruits of your labour. I love the cutlery on the napkin.

Unknown said...

Your stitching night stuff looks so lovely, I love the knife, fork and spoon, and those cupcakes don't look half bad as well. I think when I'm a non teacher I will have to come along to one.

Anonymous said...

To make such fun embroidery and eat delicious cupcakes! Fabulous!

Heather Moore said...

Fantastic! I also have a craft club, but our most recent meeting was a total no-show. I sat in my studio all alone but didn't mind as I had lots to do. Luckily I didn't make a yummy stack of cupcakes like you guys!

nicole lecht said...

LOVE the Facelift, isn't it addicting!!lol....your napkins with the spoons and forks are too cute! make more!

lekkercraft said...

love the new blog design!

Anonymous said...

Ohh that looks like so much fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo, the bobbin girl stitching is so cute! I love the thread doubling as her hair :)

Anonymous said...

love the stitching. oh, so cute.
and love the blog facelift.
mine could do with new one.
yep.

Drewzel said...

Hi Lara,
I saw your bobbin embroidery on Pip's blog and wondered who did it! I've wanted to embroider 'Bobbin Friends' since I first saw them...would it be okay to do them? I don't plan on selling any of my work.
steph :)
blog= www.podbobbins.wordpress.com