Sunday, October 21, 2007

Drawing, reading, painting

Its been my first relatively 'free' weekend in awhile, and I've been enjoying having the space to do some non-work creative stuff. Buying a watercolour painting kit and having a play (mmm I really like this medium) , starting to read The Artists's Way, and doing some drawing with a nice new technical pencil.

It's been aaaages since I've done any drawing - inspiration is few and far between for these. But I like how this one turned out, inspired by my obsession with lofty warehouse spaces. mmmm.

window

8 comments:

Victoria E said...

Tis great to see new drawings from you - I hope this is the first of many new ones to come :)

eshu said...

i just love it!

Unknown said...

Love it! Would make a great print for framing, cant see what you come up with next.

Anonymous said...

are you enjoying the book? Its on my to-read list, but I just haven't got around to it yet...

Anonymous said...

ooooohh. i like it. i love how you incorporated your fabric design into it. you are one talented gal. for sure.

Jessica Jones said...

Yeah, keep us posted on how you like The Artist's Way. I bought it a few months ago (along with a brand new notebook for the journaling part) and quickly lost steam and gave up. But I love the notebook I bought. Hee hee!

Shirley said...

hi lara, just popping in to say i received the fabric last week and have since made a notebook cover. it didn't come out quite as expected, had a hard time closing it up once i flipped the fabric right side out. but oh well. good try. now the problem is trying to find a book that actually fits what i made. LOL. i cant wait to use up the rest of the fabric for a decorative pillow and what not. keep the inspirations coming.

Anonymous said...

i am a big fan of youre drawings... please make more ;-0

i so enjoy looking at youre work... all of it.