Sunday, August 26, 2007

back!

Wow. what an amazing, exhausting experience. 2 weeks in a crazy, diverse country with sooo much to see, and not enough time to see it all. Throw some 30 degree+ humid weather and you end up with a very exhausted and somewhat overwhelmed Lara.

I'll need some more time to digest the whole experience but in a nutshell it was great - everything I hoped. I'll write some more thoughts later.


But of course, I'll leave you with some photos of what we all really want to see - the craft loot!


initial crafty puchases - fabric, trim, stamps, paper, purse handles and kit, minature pegs + spools, 'handmade zakka' book


further crafty puchases - cutesy japanese fabric, crafty books, cram cream tape, Shinzi Katoh cafe mug, cute little 'vault' storage stack

12 comments:

Di said...

Looking forward to hearing all about your travels! If the craft loot is anything to go by it looks like you had a fabulous time!!

alison stedman said...

So jealous of your trip to japan. Hope you had a great trip.

Corrie said...

wow so I guess you loved it! I love my tapes but they're harder to find than I expected!!!! hope my shopping tips put you in the right direction....where did you get those gorgeous alphabet stamps...I love them and the little vault storage case! how did i miss those!!! oh and being back home seems so quiet...like when I cross the street and there aren't 50 people around me waiting to cross with me too!

Belinda said...

Welcome back, so glad you enjoyed it! I'm counting down the weeks now, Can't wait!

I hope you will share some shopping tips, nice loot.

Victoria E said...

Welcome back :) I had no doubt that you would have an amazingly fun experience. Looks like you got some fantastic fabrics - swoon. Our interview will be going up on my site tomorrow (Monday); I'll make sure to send you a link when it's up :)

Bianca said...

Great to hear you're back and I can't wait to read all your stories. I absolutely love the book & fabrics you bought! Looks like you had a fantastic time.

Anna said...

Welcome back! I'm sure that you had a fantastic trip (am quietly envious)

Anna

Anonymous said...

welcome back! glad you have a great time!

you have done well with the crafty loot hehe..

Anonymous said...

wow..if there is one thing on my to do list before I die..it is to go to Japan! I'd like to spend at least a month. Guess I better start saving.

Artifax said...

Fantastic craft loot!

Heather Moore said...

I'm just back from a week away, so have enjoyed catching up with you. Wow, your trip to Japan must have been incredible. I was just reading about a fabrics-themed Japan trip in Selvedge mag this morning, feeling pangs of envy. And your new fabric! Gorgeous. Website too. Yay!

Evie said...

I've been searching around blogs for crafty Japanese info and I've got to ask. WHERE did you get that vault box? I must have one! By the way, I am in love with your teal birch tree fabric!