Monday, July 09, 2007

The Great Wheatbag Race

This is my contribution to the Great Wheatbag Race, (which Shannon has already won, but anyway):



The backstory? Shannon and I decided to make wheatbags on our walk home from the Melbourne Design Market yesterday. I sometimes get nasty leg cramps at night and have been meaning to buy one for ages - but why buy one when you can make one yourself! Apparently all you need to fill them with is some sort of wheatgrain (plus scented herbs if you want) - we found some at a health food shop on the way home - easy!

Anyway, we trammed down to the market nice and early yesterday, but it was already pretty crowded. Lots of very lovely, expensive yet inspiring things to see. One of my favorites was a range of very cute bits and pieces that I hadn't yet seen around the Melbourne design/craft scene - Library+. Cute website too!


I restrained myself and only bought this inexpensive brooch, from Elk:



Oh and thanks all for the very positive response to the last post! A tute is on it's way - will post this afternoon or tomorrow :)

7 comments:

Shannon said...

well you have won the 'styling of the wheatbag award' with your backgammon shot!! Damnit, am about to go rephotograph mine on a scrabble board....

Anonymous said...

hello, lurker here, i used to have restless leg syndrome and bad leg cramps and I have gotten rid of them with magnesium and zinc supplements and upping my water intake.

lupinbunny said...

I just bought an Elk bunny brooch last Sunday! They're cute, and so cheap.

Re: the leg cramps - I second the magnesium supplements. I didn't have zinc too (though I understand that's good), but they made my cramps go away.

Anonymous said...

Oh, love the brooch. Going to their web site as I type.

ellyy said...

i can't believe i forgot the melb design fest was on!

big kudos to you for braving the melbourne weather to go to the design market, and the brooch is gorgeous. as is the wheatbag! :}

Anonymous said...

I loved the design market and bought a few things but found the venue very dark. I went to Nest near the South Melbourne Markets today.

Daydream Lily said...

I love the library+ range. Well priced too.

Thank you for this blog...Im going to have a look at the Melbourne Designers market !