Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Australian Homespun project



Whilst I was totally distracted by the very Melbourne-esque turn of the seasons with the weather suddenly being all spring and sunshine like somebody clicked their fingers, it slipped my mind that it's now September and my article in Homespun magazine is out!



The article includes instructions I submitted for a softie bird project. And I had planned to have fabric kits available in my shop to go with it!!


A little interview


Instructions for making the birdie

I'll get onto the fabric kits today! So please pop by my shop in a day or two if you'd like to buy one. The fabrics will be the very same as used in the photos :)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats - the article looks great! And the birdy is so cute, I might have to pic up a copy of the magazine so I can make one up for myself!

Tanya said...

you are one multi-talented diva lara!!!!!congratulations!!

sarah shepherd said...

really cute ... well done ... does the kit come with a copy of the tutorial?
ss

||| laura frantz ||| said...

I've been subscribed to your blog for a while now, because I looove your fabrics and am saving up to buy heaps of it...but I never realized how beautiful you are until I saw the photo in your article! May I have your hair, please??? Congratulations on the article and best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Great article an pattern. Looking forward to making one of your birds.

Jenny said...

Wow! How cool is that-congratulations!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! The birdie is so very cute.

Amy Kerr-Menz said...

Congratulations Lara~!! The article looks fabulous. *yay yay!!* I'm absolutely loving the change of season up here in Canberra too - 18 degrees today!! :)

Anonymous said...

great layout - congrats on being a nice mag like that! I also really like your studio below, wow!

Mod and Mint said...

Congrats on getting in such a wonderful magazine! Your birdy looks so adorable! And offering fabric kits is a great idea.
*cheering you on*

Fer said...

Wow! That's fantastic!!

Aline said...

congrats on the article! the bird is so sweet. i'm still trying to figure out what i want to do my kirin fabrics. this may have inspired me. :) oh, and i love the new fabrics with the birds and the acacia. beautiful!

Contessa Kris said...

Congratulations on the article! The little tweet looks so adorable! I'll be looking to buy this magazine now.

Liz said...

Lara,
Love the birdie! Looks like a cute afternoon project! Congrats on your article.

Unknown said...

Congrats....you have come sooo far!
You are very inspirational.

Drewzel said...

I just found this in the newsagency today and was soo excited! (Yes I know I'm slow)
yay you!