Thursday, April 17, 2008

New kid on the block - Pippijoe

Last week I got a surprise email from Caitlin, AKA Pippijoe, another Melbourne based designer who has just taken her first leap into the world of hand screened textiles. And I really like what she has done. I received these samples in the mail the other day and they look great:




All of her designs are printed on Hemp or Hemp/Cotton blends

There's even more great designs to choose from in her etsy shop, so I recommend you hop skip over there right now and get some, and support more locally produced textiles! It looks like our little Fabric Mafia += 1 :)

7 comments:

Victoria E said...

Great prints! I added her to my favorite Etsy sellers' list :)

Sheridan said...

Great to have another member of your mafia!
Can I just say how proud I am, being a fellow Australian, of your group of talented women who really seem to be forging ahead here, ahead of the rest of the world?
Well bloody done!!

of paper & thread said...

Her designs are awesome and love the basecloth she has used... very nice and natural looking

lindsey clare said...

i want to join the fabric mafia! haha.

Anna said...

Wow... there is a definate kind of look going on with 'you fabric mafia types'- kind of organic meets geometric (if you can figure that one out!)which suits more of an interiors look.

Very exciting that there is a bit of a community (or mafia...) there!

Heather Moore said...

Like it! A welcome addition to your mafia.

PS: Thanks for the gocco tip. I've GOT to get my hands on one of those babies some time.

muralimanohar said...

I LOVE that tree one! It totally makes me think of a design I have been percolating in my head! lol