Thursday, April 03, 2008

Home sweet home

We're back!!

I'll spare you the monologue of our travels, but suffice to say it was fun & inspiring, lots of things were seen and done, but I'm happy to be home. We saw some beatiful architecture, art and scenery, but at the end of it all it's reinforced for me that I really am a Melbourne girl, and nothing beats my home town. I'm sure I'm not really "supposed" to say that after a trip to Europe ;)

One funny story though - we completely missed our flights home. When we got to the airport, check-in had already closed. We were totally confused until later we realised that "summer time" had started that day, and our watches were wrong. How cruel is that?

However it all worked out alright in the end - we found ourselves in a situation where we could blame it all on the new dysfunctional Heathrow Terminal 5, and got free acommodation, breakfast and a new flight home - sweet!

Anyway I've jumped right back into the swing of things! Just collected a new batch of fabrics from the printers - all new colourways... will post more soon.



I also collected colour sample swatches for my new 4 colour print (see above) which go together perfectly! I'm so excited about this new one.

Oh also, the shop is restocked - I had to take everything down whilst I was away :)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Lara. Ahh Melbourne how we love you so.
And those colors are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Lara, my dear. Good to have you back. REALLY!

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

These colors are beautiful together- can't wait to see how they are used!

Belinda said...

Welcome home. Glad to hear the whole T5 debacle worked out for someone.

And those colours sure do work well together. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Bianca said...

glad to have you back :) and good to see you're back 'at work' too...

have to agree with you..nothing beats Melbourne..even though I'm from Europe..although I secretly hope that Holland will inspire me in a new way ;)

montague said...

welcome back! and way to get a misadventure turned to your advantage!

Unknown said...

welcome home lara, looks like a fun trip. you are so lucky

Anonymous said...

Does that mean the houses might get turned into fabric???? That would be amazing. Welcome back, by the way!

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Welcome home beautiful girl....

The colours look perfect for Autumn, and I'm sure I would say the same thing about Melbourne even after being to Europe - I'm always saying "In Melbourne, (insert proper subject) is sooo much better....! "

It's so cute that your Mum kept the article from the paper - tell her I said thanks for noticing it and thinking you'd know me! That's a compliment of the highest order, methinks.....

Leah xxxx

flygirl said...

welcome back to sunny melbourne :-) looking forward to the new prints, the new colours look great.

btw, totally understand your melbourne fixation - i had the same reaction after a europe trip. it's really beautiful and cultured etc etc but still, melbourne is home!

Kitty said...

Good to have you back!

Fibo said...

Welcome home! You know what's funny, when I got back from Europe I had exactly the same feelings as you, but give it a week or so and I was absolutely obsessed with Paris suddenly!

Julia said...

Welcome home! i can't wait to see what creative things you're going to come up with next! by the way, I really, really like that color combination of yellow and blue!

Victoria E said...

Welcome back to the blogging world - it hasn't been the same without you :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing your new fabrics. :)

Billy said...

Though I´m not from Melbourne ;) I always say that the more I travel (or live abroad, for that matter) the more I love my hometown.

You may wonder which is my hometown...

And it´s totally low-profile Lisbon!

(I´d say Paris and London are beautiful cities, but if you want to have a real life or a real life with sun, go to Lisbon!)

Happy returning home to you!

Billy said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I really loved Melbourne too, despite of the wacky weather you guys have. :)

Red Hen (dette) said...

I am planning a trip to Melbourne and wondered if you have an actual outlet there?

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your fabrics, they are so fresh and looooooooovely.

elisabetha said...

welcome home! hope you're all rested up by now. your new designs are gorgeous :) and i love that mug you have in the shot...is it a Lotta cup?