Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Seeing raspberry red

Ooh, I don't usually get to take home colour samples of my fabric from the printers, but this time I did because I had difficulty choosing my shade of raspberry! It's great to be able to give people a proper preview of what's coming next. I'm still going with the Riverstones and Flowing Dots patterns, but some new designs are to follow shortly (although 'shortly' in fabric production terms is still a number of weeks!).



Whilst on the topic of all things red-ish, I'm loving these merino wool arm warmers from NZ etsy seller overcast (love that name). At the moment they're a great desk companion for designing/crafting when one feels guilty about putting the heater on at this time of year.





Thanks to Modamuse for spotting them a few months back :)

13 comments:

Kate said...

Love the raspberry!

Melissa said...

Those arm warmers are adorable. I've been getting bruises on my forearms from leaning on the edge of my table so much lately. I might need a set with some padding!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Great new color! I've been working with your fabric this past weekend, making book cloth (backing your fabric with mulberry paper + a home brew wheat paste) + the fabric you use is beyond wonderful to work with. Great weight, density + material. This method can sometimes be hit or miss in the way the wheat paste adheres to the fabric, but I have had amazing results. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You had me at `raspberry red'...I have a living room with a red leather couch that is just going to love that fabric...will you be doing the new designs in the red also?

Anonymous said...

raspberry - my favourite.

Heather Moore said...

And that strangely tubey green top? Verrry nice. It's great to see other Southern Hemispherers starting to don their woollys too.

Anonymous said...

Love the orange and green combo, I'm sure it provides inspiration as well as warmth. Can't wait to see the new designs!

Heather Moore said...

Hey, you're on Print and Pattern today! Fantastic!!! You deserve all the accolades.

Jason said...

I have tagged you! See my blog for the rules!

Anna said...

OMG just saw your work on print and pattern! that is so cool! well done! :)

ps. agree with Heather over the southern hemispherers donning their winter woolies- mustard yellow moss stitch scarf is a go go :)

hmc said...

This is my fav colour by far... but red *is* my fav colour!
PS: you have been tagged (oh no, not this again!)... check out my blog.

Jade said...

Loving that colourway in your fabric! Can't wait to see it in your shop.

Unknown said...

congrats on the Etsy blog write up!