Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Chalkboard

I know it's a little bit lame and all been done before, but every kitchen needs a good chalk board. Especially a renter-friendly one. It's amazing what you can achieve with a chisel and some angle brackets if you want to attach something without doing any damage to precious surfaces.

Making the chalkboard - chiseling, attaching brackets, priming, blackboard painting

The chalkboard hangs nice and flush with the wall, and to secure it at the bottom we just used a couple of 3M strips to hold it in place. Easy stuff.

Chalkboard calendar - renter friendly :)

I'd love to paint an entire wall in blackboard paint, but this will have to do :)

xx

6 comments:

KWu said...

Doing this in a renter-friendly way is brilliant! I don't quite understand how the chiseling comes into play to make it hang easily, so a quick tutorial on this if you have some time would be awesome.

Suzie said...

That looks AWESOME! I'm tres jealous... and very likely to talk my manfriend into similar modifications to his house (which is luckily mostly constructed out of things from the side of the road - all corrugated iron and tree trunks with bark still on - so we can mess around with it a little!). Very cute.

Jacinta @ modelmumma said...

Ohh your house looks so lovely! Love the floorboards. And I love the huge chalkboard too. We had one in our old place ... painted it onto the back of a sliding door in the kitchen and it was perfect for menus and kids to draw on. Now we've moved and no chalkboard. :(

We Blog Artists said...

This is brilliant...LOVE it!
1st time visiting your wonderful World here...lovely to meet you Lara!

have a good day.
Char.x

Samgoose said...

This is very cool, and I have to sy, the sneaky peak of the end of your kitchen looks lovely. I'm loving the mint green kitchenaid peeking out from the top shelf :)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh you are full of the best ideas. I love this and think I'm going to have to find myself a 'man friend' to help me make one :-)