Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Chalkboard

I know it's a little bit lame and all been done before, but every kitchen needs a good chalk board. Especially a renter-friendly one. It's amazing what you can achieve with a chisel and some angle brackets if you want to attach something without doing any damage to precious surfaces.

Making the chalkboard - chiseling, attaching brackets, priming, blackboard painting

The chalkboard hangs nice and flush with the wall, and to secure it at the bottom we just used a couple of 3M strips to hold it in place. Easy stuff.

Chalkboard calendar - renter friendly :)

I'd love to paint an entire wall in blackboard paint, but this will have to do :)

xx

5 comments:

KWu said...

Doing this in a renter-friendly way is brilliant! I don't quite understand how the chiseling comes into play to make it hang easily, so a quick tutorial on this if you have some time would be awesome.

Jacinta said...

Ohh your house looks so lovely! Love the floorboards. And I love the huge chalkboard too. We had one in our old place ... painted it onto the back of a sliding door in the kitchen and it was perfect for menus and kids to draw on. Now we've moved and no chalkboard. :(

We Blog Artists said...

This is brilliant...LOVE it!
1st time visiting your wonderful World here...lovely to meet you Lara!

have a good day.
Char.x

Samantha Nagtegaal said...

This is very cool, and I have to sy, the sneaky peak of the end of your kitchen looks lovely. I'm loving the mint green kitchenaid peeking out from the top shelf :)

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh you are full of the best ideas. I love this and think I'm going to have to find myself a 'man friend' to help me make one :-)