Sunday, July 17, 2011

Reupholstering a little chair

I just blogged about this over at Ink & Spindle but had to share it here too because I'm just so happy with the result... but today Dana and I recovered a small child sized armchair that Sass bought for us from the Mill Markets!

Little armchair - before

Little armchair - after

Reupholstering the little armchair - in progress

It was somewhat disgusting work but sooooo worth it! Cuteness in armchair form! It's also nice to give my Little Forest print some love :)

This little piece will be coming along with us to Design:Made:Trade. Of course ;)

xx Lara.

13 comments:

nikkishell said...

I have a chair that needs reupholstering. Shall i drop it round? ;) Or maybe you could give me some tips so i can do it myself.

Your wee chair looks fab!

scarletjonesmelbourne said...

Just too cute, love the new print!

Tina in Boston said...

Wow, that little chair looks great! How did I miss the Ink & Spindle blog -- LOL!

Alicia said...

How gorgeous, it's very gratifying work, isn't it?

Fer said...

Oh my, I've just become the owner of child's armchair exactly the same! (mine's covered in pooey brown vinyl though....) I haven't decided on what to cover it with yet but I LOVE what you've done!

epe said...

wow, i have a similar chair, you gave me an idea!!

www.casablock.com

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

** sigh ** Sympathetic restoration at it's BEST....I LOVE how you've transformed this piece Lara....CLEVER you....!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

Prior said...

very cute, visiting from Texas, by way of Tamarah

Lezlee

Danielle said...

What a cute little chair - it looks so awesome!

Annikka said...

Most beautiful, I absolutely love it! The upholstery is very impressive.

kate said...

what an awesome chair! even more awesome now with the reupholstering!

Tali said...

I loooove your little forest print.. beautiful!! Looks fab on the armchair :)

Lauren said...

As the new, and very grateful, owner of this very beautiful chair, I will be keeping this blog post stashed away so that I can show my 11-month-old baby girl where her gorgeous (and no doubt favourite) furniture came from in the years to come. Thank you Lara!

PS. I was about 6 months pregnant when I first laid eyes on this little chair at the Design:Made:Trade expo, and was so disappointed to hear it wasn't for sale. It was fate ;)