Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The lurgy

I have one word for you. Bleeeeeeeeeergh. That's how I've been feeling for the last hmm.... 7 days now, trying to get over a nasty cold (and no, not the "flu"). It just goes on and on and on. But it's also pretty standard for me. I get one nasty cold every couple of years and then pretty much nothing in between.

Anyway, because a blog post is not a post without pictures, here's some shots from the Ink & Spindle open studio over the weekend, at which about 50% of me was present and I sounded like Madge.

open studio day
Doing a printing demo

open studio day
The Ink & Spindle and Little Harvest shop - thanks to Lara D for making it look pretty :)

open studio day
Me, printing away

open studio day
Explaining to the onlookers

'Twas a great day. xx

11 comments:

Fer said...

Wish I could've been there.

Feel better soon!!

Verte Adélie said...

It must have been a lovely day, and oh, how I love your spattered aprons!

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

is Madge Madonna? LOL

Tali said...

Madge! hahah

hope you feel better soon.
your studio looks like the shiz!

Laura said...

hey you have a good looking studio.

Ney said...

That is so cool! I took silkscreen classes here in my city, and I´ve been looking for a suitable place to print my designs. You have a great place there!
greetings from chile, love your blog

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

I came over here for the first time today to read more about your fabric. I see your picture, "me, printing away" and it made me smile. You love what you do. I can feel it. : )

Chubbi said...

Hi Lara,
I'm a Graphic Design graduate with 2 months experience working as a Graphic Designer, who is wanting to get into working with yardages, placement prints and embroideries. I have a huge appreciation for the beauty in fashion and photography, and drawing has always been a part of my life - which is what draws me to pursue a career in designing for textiles.

Do you have any positions that require the designer to design the prints for yardages, placement prints, etc? If so, would it be okay for me to email you my portfolio to be considered for such a role?

Thankyou for your time and I look forward to hearing from you, it all looks so exciting!

Amy

healthguard said...

I love your fabric prints. You are really good in your craft.

Keep it up!

craftmatic said...

It's really nice to visit shops like yours Lara, where you can witness how the designs are being made.

Craftmatic said...

Great works comes from with great people, with a great talent on creating great pieces.