Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A most fantastic day

Teegs, Bee, Larz and Sandra (aka Pepperberry)
Ink & Spindle (and Pepperberry & Co) at the Melbourne Design Market. Curious that we're ALL almost exactly the same height.

IMG_1525
Cushions, Lamps, Teegs with her new jacket and me with my infamous jeans!

It's Tuesday night and I reckon I'm just about recovered from the craziness that was the Melbourne Design Market. Oh. My. God. What a day. I'd have to say it's up there with some of the best days of my life. Not only did we have a super successful day (GFC you say??), we got to interact with lots of lovely peeps, meet other stall holders (including my long time idol Nicola Cerini and her partner!) aaand...

AND! The highlight would definitely have been when I was tucked into a corner of our stall eating lunch. Out of the corner of my eye I see Bee running towards me. "Lara, Lara!" She says. "Lawrence Leung is in our stall!!". You should have seen me move. I was basically in the back most corner of our narrow stall staff area. I had to run across the back and all the way down the side of our stall (almost knocking Teegs over in the process) in order to get out into the public area to chase him down.

I asked if I could shake his hand for being so awesome and I did. And raved about how his humour appealed to my Gen-X slash Gen-Y childhood. I should have mentioned growing up in Blackburn.

Must say he's much shorter in real life.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here's some pre-Design Market preparation pics, because pics are good! And you can find heaps more over at the I&S blog.

lara making rooftops lamp
Me making a new rooftops lamp. I have a love/hate relationship with lamp making

Mattt inspecting rooftops
Mr Matt from Mattt bags inspecting the first print of his new fabric. Rooftops on a lovely Sea Foam coloured 100% hemp - mmmmm

NEW MATTT BAGS!!
The finished result - our latest 100% hemp collaboration with Mattt bags

I'm just mid way through uploading to youTube a video I took at the market. Will post that soon!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Mr Matt is sooooooo cute!

mrs boo radley said...

Wish I lived closer! Everything you make is fabulous. Mr Matt, nice work, too!

Penny said...

Ooh I love Lawrence Leung! You should have given him some fabric!

Bri said...

Wow, that's some good looking stuff!

Anonymous said...

Is Teegan's jacket made by Mel? It looks very fancy!