Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Studio space, anyone?
You've heard me rave on and on about how cool our new building is - the old Kensington Wool Store with its old school warehouse lettering. Well how would you feel about the opportunity to have a studio space of your own here? With neighbors such as Crumpler, Australian Ballet & Ink & Spindle (hee).
If this tickles your fancy, well I have good news. The very lovely and talented metalwork sculpture chick Laura Woodward of Like Butter is planning something, and if there's enough people interested then fingers crossed it will go ahead. Details below!
I am currently looking into establishing a Studio of about 20 individual spaces, and am very keen to hear from anyone who may be interested in a space towards the end of this year.
At this stage:
- each space will be an individual room
- sizes will range from 16 to 32 square metres (larger available if required)
- cost from $40 to $80 per week, according to size
- cement floors
- located 15 minute train trip or bike ride from the city, very close to station
- good street access for moving large artworks
- suitable for a wide range of artistic practices
If you may be interested in a space, or would like any more info, I would love to hear from you! I can be contacted at laura(at)laurawoodward(dot)com(dot)au.
I personally would love to see our building turned into an awesome creative hub, so if you know anyone who might be interested in what Laura is planning please pass this on!