Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pretty box full of goodies

Firstly I just want to say thank you for the overwhelming response to my post the other day. So many fantastic, insightful and honest comments, and it's nice to know that a lot of people have similar concerns about uniqueness.

Given that the positive far outweighted the negative, I'll definitely be printing the birches with my next print run. Possibly alongside the "My Little Town" (thanks pip!) pattern from a little while ago. This wont happen for some time though as my printer is taking a break. If I'm lucky it'll be printed early August, if not it wont be till I get back from Japan, sometime in September.

Meanwhile, look what got delivered to my doorstop this morning!



I only ordered it yesterday afternoon on impulse (speedy delivery!!) after a friend told me that I could upgrade from my Creative Suite 1 for only $900. For anyone who's bought legitimate design software before you'll know that's SUCH a good deal. It's got Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver... the works! It feels so good to be up to date - and legitimately so.

Something else arrived today too - my latest batch of fabric! Will post pics + info soon, but in a nutshell it's 8 new colour combinations that I haven't printed before, in Bonsai, Geese, Poppies and Raindrops. And I'm really happy with how they turned out :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I'm using CS2, haven't upgraded yet to 3. I hope you have tons so good times creating! Great price!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

And when you do get the fabric back from the printers, I'll be there to purchase a piece- it really is a good design + I think you made the right decision. A forest of birch trees are lovely to look at.

Anonymous said...

I love it how you wrote "legitimately so". Made me laugh.

Julie said...

Ooo, let us know how you like it. I haven't upgraded yet either.

Jodi said...

I just impulsively purchased Symmetry Works from Artlandia. If you don't know about this Illustrator Plug In for Pattern design you should check it out!

http://www.artlandia.com/

Mine hasn't arrived yet - If you are already using it I'd love to hear your feedback.

Your fabric designs are beautiful and inspirational - keep going!!