Friday, September 29, 2006

Printing paper

Two posts in two days! I haven't done that in ages. Holiday mode has definately started early around here - I spent almost all of yesterday doing crafty stuff. I felt guilty to be doing it during "work hours", but really... if I plan to make a business out of selling jewellery etc then this IS work. It doesn't feel like it though!

Yesterday was spent printing one of my patterns onto sheets of A4 paper - using a repeating-pattern-tile Gocco screen. This screen turned out heaps better than my previous ones. I think because this time, after the flash went off, I remembered to keep holding down for 5 seconds. This lets the heat transfer a bit longer and burns a better screen.





Damn, that was a lot of work, but definately worth it! These sheets will become packaging for my earrings etc.

Oh, I also discovered something cool for any PG-11 owners out there. If you want to be able to stamp your design onto surfaces outside of the machine, you don't have to buy the Stamp Kit for Cloth (although I've ordered mine already, bugger). All you need to do is release the stamp pad from the machine - it has a simple spring release if you detach it from the right hand side first. Ink up your screen as usual, place it down onto whatever surface u want to print on, and then push down on it with the stamp pad. It's basically the same as printing inside the machine, just upside-down! You might be able to do this with the other Gocco models, i'm not sure.

Have a great weekend :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful prints, really gorgeous. Can't wait to see them paired with your jewelry.

Anonymous said...

I was told the PG-5 also does the hand stamp thingy and I had also bought the cloth kit a day earlier...bugger for me also!

Great paper prints btw!

hannah said...

I love your paper prints, they are beautiful!

Kristen Doran said...

That looks like so much fun and so beautiful! As always, your prints are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

wow, they look great! nice work lady! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your printed paper! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

they prints look fantastic- very professional quality. looking forward to seeing your jewellery