Monday, August 08, 2011

Wellington!

I'm so excited to be visiting Wellington again in a couple of weeks! And this amazing hand-stitched stop motion animation ad makes me even more excited:


Wellington Tourism stop-motion ad by Yukfoo

The last time I was in Wellington was about 8 years ago and I still remember it as one of the few cities where I could imagine myself living. Which is a big call considering how much I love Melbourne. That said I happened to be there during a decidedly non-windy weekend. Ha! Let's see what late August brings ;)

xx

8 comments:

Sharonnz said...

Haere Mai, to our beautiful, exciting wee city!

Anna said...

Well... I do consider Wellington to be the NZ equivalent of Melbourne, so of course you'd feel at home there. It took me at least a year to get used to Auckland after moving up from Wellington (now, of course, I am completely Auckland-ified)

Carla said...

I'm from Wellington, live in Auckland, and love Melbourne most of all! Have a good journey, hope the weather dries up for you.

Anna said...

What an amazing ad!

Diane said...

You'll have to share your tips when you get back Lara - I'm hoping to visit later this year! Excitement!

Juicy Roo said...

Using blue buttons for the river how COOL! I appreciate the effort in this after spending many hours with my 10 year old pal Patrick the other week doing stop animation using lego....a whole afternoon for about 5 seconds of animation lol. Have an awesome time Lara. xo

Michelle said...

Ooh, exciting - I love Wellington too! Be sure to check out Redcurrent, Small Acorns and IkoIko (cute homeware and lots of inspiration), and make time to grab a delicious Flat White at Ernesto on Cuba St or Mojo on the waterfront. Have fun!

Michelle said...

Ooh exciting! I love Wellington, too. Don't forget to check out Redcurrent (Allen St), Small Acorns (Blair St) and IkoIko (Cuba St), which all stock cute homeware. And make time to grab a delicious flat white from Ernesto on Cuba St (there's a great little fabric shop around the corner on Garret Lane) or Mojo on the waterfront. Have fun!