Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Daylesford

Last weekend the girls and I skipped town and went to stay at Dana's mum's house in Daylesford. It was peaceful, relaxing, cosy... full of craft and treasure hunting and yummy food and chatter and a spa & massage at Hepburn to top it all off. A cliche Daylesford experience you might say.

Here's some pics from the weekend...

Sass makes Dandelion tea, bunches of Daphne all around the house


The house. Very D'ford. Amazing garden out the back. Crazy colour scheme inside though!

My bargain from the Daylesford Trash & Treasure. It pays to get there at 7am. I got these T.H. Brown (?) chairs for an absolute steal. The seller said "yeah this stick furniture is all the rage right now"

Flowers from a roadside stall, and Dana's bargain retro desk chair from the Trash & Treasure


I got inspired by some pics I saw over at the Harvest blog and spent time making this little vessel from fabric scraps (I had no instructions or idea what I was doing but got there in the end after a few false starts)

So many more treasures and crafty goodness to show you but as usual I forgot to take photos ;)

xx

10 comments:

Jacinta said...

LOVE the fabric scrap vessel. :)

Kate said...

Gorgeous little vessel!

Renae said...

Cool! My recent 'stick furniture' chairs from my nanna are TH Brown. So much nicer than a cheap import!

Yana said...

looks like you had a lovely weekend! the vessel is cool! maybe you could do a tutorial on how you made it? :)

butterflycollector said...

Hi Lara, Dana just sent me over! Mum's house is great, LOVE the garden! Could do without all her kitsch collections, the pink and the scary carpet though! Love your STICK chairs... totally fabulous colour!!! Glad you all had a great weekend! Shae xo

nikkishell said...

So jealous! Looks like you girls had a fabulous time. Love your fabric scrap vessel, very pretty and clever.x

victor fox said...

Hi lara,
How lovely for a weekend away! im getting married in Daylesford in 8 weeks, and it really is a beautiful place isnt it.
Your pictures are beautiful. Loved those blue chairs you got too! Great steal!
Thanks for sharing,
Clare

Joanna said...

nice work on the little vase. Love a make-it-up-as-you-go project...

Anonymous said...

A perfect little vase. That is a neat idea, to be put it together with scraps. I'm always up for any chance to recycle fabric leftovers. :)

P R I M O E Z A said...

catching up on your blog :)
i love this vase. it's absolutely adorable.