Monday, December 20, 2010

a weekend of xmas markets

Helllooooo! I'm back from an epic and thoroughly exhausting weekend.

Sunday saw Mikaela and I leaving town at 6am to head up to Ballarat for the day to attend The Design Exchange market. I'd left an xmas party and gone to bed early the night before but as irony would have it I couldn't get to sleep till 2am. Bah! Needless to say I was a bit vague all day.

But this is how our market stall looked at the start of the day, and how gorgeous is this building!? The market was held in the Mining Exchange building and it was such a great venue:


Ink & Spindle at The Design Exchange market

Our soon-to-be-studio-buddy Dana from Twiglet was also at the market - her stall was located in one of the many little alcove rooms that lined the central space:


Twiglet at The Design Exchange market

On Saturday I also managed to pop into the Harvest Xmas Market which was awesome! So many familiar faces and some new ones too, and so many people making amazing things!

It's funny, it's been ages since I've been inspired to actually buy anything at a Design Market, but these two markets had some great fresh stuff and I bought heaps. All for myself though, oops!


My xmas market loot. From left to right:
- Top by Sunday Morning Designs
- Screen printed Tshirt by Unit
- Porcelain bowl by Clay Body
- Hand painted bowl by Jedda Robaaard
- Screen printed card and gift tags by Spin Spin

All in all a great & inspiring weekend. I'm looking forward to having a couple of weeks off over Christmas so I can find time & space to create again. Soon, soon.

3 comments:

yardage girl said...

Hi Lara! Really glad you enjoyed the weekend and you got some lovely things for yourself. Have a wonderful break and see you in the new year! Nic

Mookah Studio said...

Enjoy your xmas break before the onslaught of 2011!

Claire Caudwell said...

This looks lovely. Well done.