Friday, January 22, 2010

birch sling bag

I wanted to make something bright, cheerful and special for a close friend who's going through a tough time. So what better than a beachy sling bag made of the sunniest coloured Birch ever. With a bag design by no other than Suzie Fry:

making sling bag by birds & trees
Gold Birch Sling Bag - making

making sling bag by birds & trees

Gold Birch Sling Bag - making


Gold Birch Sling Bag - finished! Designed by Suzie Fry, pattern available here

If you'd like to make one yourself, we sell the pattern in our shop, and it just needs half a metre of our fabric to go with.

I gave the bag to my friend over the weekend and she loved it :)

13 comments:

Kitty said...

It's gorgeous. Yellow is such a happy colour. Of course she loved it.

Christina Lowry said...

It is so lovely and very cheerful! You sewing desk is so neat and sweet too. How do you manage that? I have yet to keep mine neat and tidy for more than a few days! Hope you friend comes through this rough patch soon.

:)

sasha + max studio said...

so sweet - nice work - bound to have given your friend some cheer in that fabulous colour

Lara said...

Hehe thanks girls! Christina - it's only neat and tidy because we have 200sqm of studio messy-ness at work ;)

moose and bird said...

It's lovely. Yellow is the most cheerful colour, it would surely have brought a smile to her face.
Melinda xo

katie walker said...

i love this bag! im sure it brightened up your friends day!!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful gift...and looks so perfectly sewed..really nice Lara

Kylie said...

Looks great! I love your birch fabric... and in yellow it is really fresh and happy. Glad your friend loved it.

Bettie New said...

It's lovely! What a beautiful gift.

Jessica Lonard (The Crafty Librarian) said...

I love your birch fabric, I have some in my stash that I don't want to cut!

Lovealaugh said...

I'm the very lucky friend who received the beautiful, sunny gift! It brought a huge smile to my dial : - ) Thanks again Lara - I love it xoxoxo

Kerri said...

Ooh this fabric takes my breath away!

Y. Metin Yıldırım said...

saat forex zayıflama hapları gizli kamera