Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Merry Christmas to all my very lovely and supportive blog readers!

Here's a snapshot of my Christmas in pictures, mostly involving chocolate making & baking...

my little christmas tree
A little festive corner in my flat

a trip to Cake Deco
A trip to Cake Deco in the city yielded 2.5kg of Lindt Couverture and gingerbread making supplies. I had to exercise a LOT of restraint in that shop

making chocolates
Melting & tempering the Couverture

making chocolates
Filling the moulds - I made orange, peppermint and strawberry fondant (see that bench space? That's the ENTIRE bench space of my tiny kitchen)

making chocolates
Mmmmm choc-orange-alicious

my handmade chocolates
Finished chocolates and all packaged up!

And on Wednesday I drove to Geelong to visit a friend and we made Gingerbread! I love Gingerbread, and next year I'm going to use a traditional German Lebkuchen recipe that I also found. But these were good for decorating (and nice and dark and spicey and full of molasses - mmmmm)

Christmas Gingerbread (how cool are those icing sugar snowflakes from Cake Deco!?)

Have a lovely xmas day everyone :)


Anna Lloyd said...

Hi Lara, Your new home looks so lovely and bright! I hope you are happy there and things improve soon. Happy holidays!! The choccies and gingerbread look delicious too.

Belinda said...

I cannot live without my 2.5kg Lindt chocolate..... I ran out yesterday...very bad timing.

Annie said...

Love those chocolate molds - hope you've had a happy day

Michelle | Cicada Studio said...

Merry Christmas!

Jac said...

Mmmmm mmm what a delicious looking Christmas you had!
Merry Christmas xox

Fer said...

Mmmmm, yummy Christmas!

Mookah said...

Oh wow....she cooks too! What a woman.

Lara said...

Thanks everyone! Mookah you're much too kind... (at the moment I just feel like a sad sack)

anniescupboards said...

Oh I just found your blog. Loves it. Dont you love it when you find a good blog to read and you fall in? deep? I am there.

Lara said...

Thanks annie! That's very sweet :)

Cyclic said...

Hey Lara, Hope you ate it all down really quick. Like I did with these that Jo made for me for chrissy. Rocky road and proffita rolls.


Aneka Minuman Sunda said...

enak sekali. the children really likes...very delicious

Tali said...

you made your own chocolates?! you never cease to amaze :)
That Lindt couverture is seriously the shiz.. yum yum
happy festivus!

enterrement de vie de jeune fille Paris said...

Mmmm, ├ža a l'air super bon... et en plus c'est beau...