Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Merry Christmas to all my very lovely and supportive blog readers!

Here's a snapshot of my Christmas in pictures, mostly involving chocolate making & baking...

my little christmas tree
A little festive corner in my flat

a trip to Cake Deco
A trip to Cake Deco in the city yielded 2.5kg of Lindt Couverture and gingerbread making supplies. I had to exercise a LOT of restraint in that shop

making chocolates
Melting & tempering the Couverture

making chocolates
Filling the moulds - I made orange, peppermint and strawberry fondant (see that bench space? That's the ENTIRE bench space of my tiny kitchen)

making chocolates
Mmmmm choc-orange-alicious

my handmade chocolates
Finished chocolates and all packaged up!

And on Wednesday I drove to Geelong to visit a friend and we made Gingerbread! I love Gingerbread, and next year I'm going to use a traditional German Lebkuchen recipe that I also found. But these were good for decorating (and nice and dark and spicey and full of molasses - mmmmm)

lebkuchen!
Christmas Gingerbread (how cool are those icing sugar snowflakes from Cake Deco!?)

Have a lovely xmas day everyone :)

13 comments:

Anna Lloyd said...

Hi Lara, Your new home looks so lovely and bright! I hope you are happy there and things improve soon. Happy holidays!! The choccies and gingerbread look delicious too.

Belinda said...

I cannot live without my 2.5kg Lindt chocolate..... I ran out yesterday...very bad timing.

Annie said...

Love those chocolate molds - hope you've had a happy day

Jacinta said...

Mmmmm mmm what a delicious looking Christmas you had!
Merry Christmas xox

Fer said...

Mmmmm, yummy Christmas!

Mookah Studio said...

Oh wow....she cooks too! What a woman.

Lara said...

Thanks everyone! Mookah you're much too kind... (at the moment I just feel like a sad sack)

anniescupboards said...

Oh I just found your blog. Loves it. Dont you love it when you find a good blog to read and you fall in? deep? I am there.

Lara said...

Thanks annie! That's very sweet :)

Cyclic said...

Hey Lara, Hope you ate it all down really quick. Like I did with these that Jo made for me for chrissy. Rocky road and proffita rolls.
http://ruby-jo.blogspot.com/

E

Aneka Minuman Sunda said...

enak sekali. the children really likes...very delicious

Tali said...

you made your own chocolates?! you never cease to amaze :)
That Lindt couverture is seriously the shiz.. yum yum
happy festivus!

enterrement de vie de jeune fille Paris said...

Mmmm, ça a l'air super bon... et en plus c'est beau...

Julia